Note to self: do not try to cram a summer vacation in between the last day of school, and the first week of harvesting vegetable shares. Very. Bad. Idea.
Let's just say, there has been a lot of stress getting everything ready to be gone for 10 days. The irrigation systems had to finally be completed, and put on timers (let's hope the timers actually work, since I didn't get a full day to test all the zones), absolutely everything needed to be planted out and/or seeded. Row covers, bird netting, and insect netting needed to be put out and secured. Oh, and the house had to be cleaned enough for a house-sitter to not be disgusted, and clothes and stuff actually packed for our road trip to Maine.
I am still not happy with the germination rates of the direct seeded root crops or leafy greens. I am really hoping that everything grows in big leaps and bounds while I am gone (and more critters don't feast on what does grow). It seems to be a more challenging year with regards to munching critters. I did put out some organic slug control to protect the leafy greens, and row cover to protect from flying insects (and hopefully some four-legged invaders as well). In general, the transplants are looking pretty darn good though. We'll see how things look when I get back!